Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Cookies. I did not toss them.

That's good, right? Oh, metabolic conditioning, how you hate me.

Scaled WOD. Yesterday's since I'm off schedule.

Four rounds for time of: Run 200 meters 15 Squats 10 Back Extensions. Looks easy, huh?

Paltry performance. A month ago I'd have made it easily. Darn that laziness!

Came in at about 3:45 per. I'm such a wuss that I walked the last two so as not to toss the cookies, and my time improved.

The good news is that I'm really hungry now. Yay exercise and levothyroxine!

The bad news is that my hair is falling out. Went to get the hair done today and every time they combed my hair, tons came out. When I commented on it the gal said cheerily "Oh, I've seen worse!". Hmm. At least it's a decent cut and color now. This is a well known side effect of both Hashimoto's, and the treatment, so it's yet another thing to add to the list.

I also had a grumpy moment in the locker room. I saw my reflection from afar and was dismayed to see that my cheeks had puffed back out. Darned thyroid, darned puffiness. Sulky moment. Then I looked again. The shadow I'd taken to be puffiness along my cheek was actually cheekbone. Ah, I rescind my sulky moment. Yay for cheekbones! I haven't seen them in about five years now! Yay! I had dinner with a dear old friend last week and she told me quite cheerily "You look great! Better than you have in years!" she then added "You *are* still fat though!".

Heh. She really *is* a very good friend, and as such is allowed to say such things. She edited to clarify that she basically wanted me to know that she wasn't blowing sunshine up my bum ... that I really do look better. *grin*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel a little strange commenting on your blog, since I do not know you. I ran across it as I was researching thyroid issues.

I've suffered for many years with thyroid issues and wanted to pass along a great resource that has helped me tremendously. www.stopthethyroidmadness.com.

feel free to disregard this if you're not interested--I hope it helps you in some way!

J4 said...

Thanks for the comment! I'm absolutely thrilled whenever anyone comments - makes the blogging a whole heckuva lot more fun.

Thanks for the link, it looks interesting! Luckily, it seems like I respond well to conventional levothyroxine, but it's nice to have another resource in the bag.