Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hungry

Back to the new normal now, just about. Energy level is high again, and the bloat seems to be on its way out. Tummy is still bigger than it was, but my cheekbones have re-emerged from the podge, and I'm very glad to see them.

It's still hard to say for sure if I've lost weight, since it fluctuates so much on a day to day basis. It seems to be averaging about 2 pounds down from the beginning of this adventure. However, since the advent of the Big Bloat of '07, it's hard to tell.

Today has been a really hungry day. Woke up hungry, was hungry again for lunch, and was hungry enough when I got home that I had a snack. I'm already really looking forwards to my dinner. I'm really enjoying the hunger, and I find I delay eating a bit to revel in the novel sensation. I'm also trying hard to eat moderate portions of high quality foods (especially given the sins of last week), so pushing the hunger just a little bit is just fine. It helps me gauge my eating, and I hope it indicates that I'm not overeating.

Last time I had a truly hungry day was the day after my workout included a run. Yesterday, my workout included a run. Ding ding ding! This requires further testing, but I think I'm going to modify my workouts slightly, and add a bit of running to the warmup when appropriate. If running is the secret to triggering hunger, and if hunger is some kind of indicator of a metabolism, and if a metabolism will help me de-fattify, then all is good. That's quite a stack of if's though.

I didn't run much, mind you. I ran as prescribed in the buttercups portion of the workout of the day - 400 meters three times. 3/4 of a mile, total. I ran at 8.5 km/h, or 5.28 mph. 11.5 minute mile pace.

In other news, I checked myself out in my workout gear and though my figure wasn't impressive in general, I've got a great butt. :)

I announced this to husband, upon returning home, and he grinned. He also said that my "shape was different." I asked him if my shape was "better" and he grinned. He's not one for splashing around compliments, and doesn't tend to tell me things that he thinks I should know. I've told him that, being a girl, knowing isn't enough. You need to tell us again and again - not every day, and not every week, but just once isn't enough for girls. Aren't we silly? However, I'm taking this one as a big ol' compliment, and am subsequently fairly pleased.

Trainer dude was at the gym again yesterday, and as I was walking the gauntlet from the treadmills to the back room, all red and sweaty, he asked grinningly if I was having fun yet. I replied "Of course! I'm red and sweaty, aren't I?".

No comments: