Friday, November 09, 2007

One Month

Today I took the last pill in my first 30 day supply of levothyroxine. I am continuing to feel awesome. I'm sleeping though the night better. I have fewer sugar cravings. I wasn't eating a huge amount of sugar before, but if I walked past exquisite pastries or similar, I wanted them. Now, not so much. Sometimes they look really scrummy, sometimes not.

My appetite is still really changeable, most days are low appetite like before, but I get the occasional day when I get hungry three times. I like those days, dinner is extra delicious.

My energy level remains high, but not stressy high like grad school. It's awesome. I only had two naps this month, and those were on days following very short nights of sleep. It used to be a good week if I only had two naps.

My self-esteem is higher too. This one is hard to quantify, but rather than looking at things I haven't done and seeing them as a personal failure I just see them as things I ought to do. That's an important distinction. I'm also much more likely to say 'just deal with it' when someone presents me with a personal flaw or mistake. My poor husband has to withstand more practical jokes now too. Poor guy.

I'm warmer in general, I wear fewer clothes and no longer have to sit wrapped in a blanket on the couch. This one's a bit harder to quantify as well since we're deep in late fall/early winter here in Minnesota. It's getting chilly! We had a little bit of snow while I was writing this, and all of the trees I can see right now have lost their leaves except for my gorgeous little red maple. That is a stubborn tree!

I have been told that I look a bit thinner and seem more energetic. I'm not much lighter - maybe averaging a pound or two down, but I've been exercising a whole bunch so I'm willing to accept that I might be thinner but not lighter. I'm definitely more muscly.

All in all, it's been a good month. I'm thrilled with my progress, and incredibly grateful for everyone's support. Thank you!

As a postscript to yesterday's workout. I am quite uncomfortable today - legs a bit sore, lower back very sore. It's not the bad sore, like I've hurt myself, just good sore. I'm also feeling it in my hips a bit.

No comments: