Monday, November 12, 2007

It was bound to happen eventually...

It was bound to happen eventually. Didn't have a good day yesterday. I was draggy all day, even had a three hour nap in the afternoon. Bleah.

There are various points of note, however, that I'd like to mark down for posterity.

1. I used to feel like that all the time, and I don't now. This was a short sharp reminder of how wonderful things are now, in general.

2. I do feel much better today, not totally back to 'awesome', but definitely coming out of the blahs. I'd like to note that this isn't a mood swing - my mood has been fine, this has been an issue of energy level.

3. *girly part* I got my period last Thursday evening and it ended this morning. That's a four day period. Massive improvement over the 8 day festivals I've been having up until this month. The blahs could be related. *end girly part*

4. Today, I weighed in at my all time highest weight EVER. Last week I was starting to think I'd lost some weight, since my average seemed to be down a couple of pounds. Now, my belly is swollen, my face is very round again (cheekbones! I miss you cheekbones!). This seriously feels like a twelve pound bloat. I'm afraid I'm not exaggerating.

5. In all fairness, I've eaten like crap lately. Pizza last Thursday, Indian food Friday, party food (including cake, crackers, grapes, and other crap) on Saturday, and chips yesterday. Writing this down horrifies me. I'm mad that I might have done this at myself, and as of this moment am going to toe the line a bit better.

The good news is that it's a Crossfit day, so I've got that to look forwards to. I really enjoy the workouts. Today it's lunges (love doing lunges!), handstand pushups or the closest you can manage, pullups or the closest you can manage, and l-sits (at which, I suck). Should be fun!

No comments: