Thursday, October 18, 2007

Presenting... a metabolism! Woo!

Have been taking my daily pill and doing my exercises with a good girl. Weight is actually up just a touch, but my muscles have been stiff and sore, so I'm not too concerned. The big issue of the day is hunger.

Before T4 (shall I be all cute and call it "b4t4"?) - I'd get hungry for dinner. Usually. Not always. I ate lunch because people would get upset with me if I didn't - people terrifying me with cries of "It'll slow down your metabolism!" ditto on breakfast. So, I'm supposed to eat when I'm patently not hungry... okay... So, I took my lumps. quite literally, and ate two to three meals a day. Often wanted the meal - I'm a good cook, but rarely hungry for it.

After T4 supplementation, Today especially - Hungry. Woke up starving. Was very sad that I had to wait an hour to eat (stupid pill, evil clock, slow slow minutes, grr). Went over to friend's house to hang out and actually dug through her fridge for a bit of breakfast. Yum! Then, we took her girls out to the museum, then went out for lunch. Yum! I was hungry for it! Then I came home and promptly was quite hungry for dinner! Yum! Lamb stew! I even had two bowls. And a pear.

In other news, since the medication began I haven't taken an afternoon nap. This is probably the longest I've gone without some kind of nap in about five years. Sugar cravings are almost totally gone. I'm sleeping a bit weirdly - wakeful in the middle of the night and things, but it's not bad.

Exercise has been coming along nicely. In the Brand X Crossfit universe, there are Infidels, Big Dawgs, The Pack, Puppies, and Buttercups. I aspire to being a full buttercup, but since I can't do a proper pullup yet, that will have to wait. As it is, I'm a buttercup in training - it's awesome!

No comments: