Friday, December 28, 2007

Could have been worse...

Well I'm at the inlaws and we've had a lovely Christmas! I didn't work out over Christmas Eve, Day, or Boxing Day mostly out of laziness. It was lovely.

Yesterday I spent the day intermittently helping my MIL prep for a party that evening, and fretting over my husband. Late afternoon he ended up going into urgent care and came home with a diagnosis of Bronchitis and Acute Sinusitis. This is especially bad because we've got to be careful not to give this to my FIL because he's susceptible to lung infections and he's got a couple of other health issues that make this very dangerous for him. It doesn't help things that I've got a very very mild little cold too. We're such charming houseguests!

So my workout for yesterday happened today. I went rooting around in the storage area and found two 8 lb dumbells. Perfect!

16 lb thrusters (2 x 8 lb dumbells) and 16 lb (2 x 8 lb dumbells) dumbell swings.

Round 1 : 21 of each : 2:48.06 minutes
Round 2 : 15 of each : 2:59.05 minutes (I was really sucking wind at this point and had to rest twice)
Round 3 : 9 of each : 1:40.07 minutes

As I finished I was completely destroyed, jelly legs and all and my first thought was "Hm, I could have worked harder at that."

What? I wasn't tired enough? Seriously, I had a hard time washing my hair afterwards, and also didn't perform a particularly elegant descent down the stairs. It was a bit hobbly. I also didn't so much as sit down in the computer chair to type this up as much as get halfway and fall the rest of the way.

Crossfit really messes up your definition of a "good workout". I'm utterly destroyed, having difficulties with normal everyday functions, and I'm thinking "Well, it was good, but I could have pushed harder."

Reality Check, Aisle Three.

No comments: