Sunday, December 02, 2007

On Guilt and Rest

Well, I skipped the workouts for Thursday and Friday, and am probably skipping today too.

I hate doing that, it makes me feel guilty. It makes me feel like I deserve the body shape I've got. It makes me feel lazy.

However, I've had a bout of stomach upset. I'll save you the gory details, but will say that I didn't trust myself not to embarrass myself with exertion in public. Today I'll be shovelling the driveway and helping a friend move a concrete mixer - that'll be plenty. Back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

This is my confession, because I seek forgiveness. I do know, however, that the point of exercise, the point of Crossfit is not to never miss a workout. The point is to make it your lifestyle, make it the default. Who cares if you miss a few days or a week, if in general you're at the gym, taking your lumps, and doing the work.

So tomorrow, barring further intestinal woes, back atcha.

No comments: